Intrduction To My Blog

Welcome, friends!

I've been bouncing back and forth between a blog and a web page for more than a week now. Each has its own advantages and drawbacks. After some consideration, I've decided to try the blog again.

One thing I wish to encourage is for writers and aspiring writers to submit their work to this blog. In the interim I'm posting a few of my published and unpublished works. As I recieve more, I will be happy to add them to the list!




Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Brand New Day

As some of you know, I've been throwing a pity party because VA told me my hip was getting worse and there wasn't anything they could do. I've looked around and decided I'm being a wuss.

Walking is painful, but possible. There are others who aren't so lucky. My friends Ally and Billy have MD and don't have the freedom to move around as I do -- Billy has been unable to walk since he was 14 and Ally is raising a 3-year-old. My father is confined to a wheelchair and his mind wanders in and out.

Of all the things that could happen, I believe loosing my ability to think clearly would be the worst.

There's a song that I listen to occasionally that reminds me how good I actually have it.

Oh, I have bad days with a little pain
And I have good days without any rain
But when I look about
And I think these things all out
All of my good days, outnumber my bad days
I can't complain.

I've got a wife who loves me almost as much as I love her. I've got two boys I am proud to call my sons. I've got a wonderful place to live in a beautiful town and I'm surrounded by people who care about me and are always willing to lend a hand. My mind is still sharp and generally my life is good.

But most of all, I've got friends.

That's worth more to me than all the world.

I've been promising photos of my trip from
North Carolina: Here they are!

North Carolina Trip

2 comments:

Ally said...

Hiya Dave,

You do know you can put a link up for your site, and that way you can bounce between the site and the blog? I know I must be quoting the bleeding obvious here, but that way you don't have to choose between one and the other.

I'll speak to you soon.

Ally

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Lennox Head's central North Coast location makes a resource box an ideal place to educate yourself regarding start your exploration having to do with the rest regarding going to be the region. You can take a multi functional fairly speak to route to educate yourself regarding going to be the wonderful village about Bangalow. From there,you can are involved everywhere over the for more information about Lismore and each of them is the great National Parks and several other inland attractions of the north coast all your family members you may have otherwise miss. Make Sunday your condone to understand more about are worried exploring the region. Check on the town going to be the time periods having to do with the north coast markets and head and then for Bangalow, Byron Bay,going to be the Channon or at least Mullumbimby. Each has an all in one market day everywhere in the an all in one different Sunday regarding the month.